If you don’t yet know and love the series, then 2020 is absolutely the year to start! Never has its sparkle been needed as much as now. The launch show took place on 17th October, so catch up with that and you’re good to go from tomorrow, Saturday, 24th October, when the dancing starts at 7.25 pm on BBC One 🙂
What was the Strictly 2020 launch show like?
I’ll be honest, I’m not usually a fan of the launch show. Too little dancing, too much talking for my tastes. This year, it was different! Such a heart-warming, emotional programme. I genuinely cried with emotion from when the camera panned to Dave Arch, the wonderful conductor of the live orchestra, and you could see that the musicians were all squeezed in their usual space seperated by plastic barriers to avoid the spread of Covid.
How is Strictly Come Dancing meeting Covid-safety measures?
I was utterly impressed by the dedication of everyone involved in making the programme. They could’ve just said “ah, it’s too difficult, let’s not do it this year”. But they didn’t and it really feels like they’re doing it for us, the audience. They know how important it is to so many people.
The pro dancers quarantined during the summer and then isolated together for four weeks to learn and record all group routines. Based on the routines shown in the launch show, we’re in for a treat! The choreographies were amazing!
Now, the pro dancers and their celeb partners have built bubbles for the duration of the show. The judges Shirley Ballas, Motsi Mabuse and Craig Revel Horwood, the hosts Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman, and everyone else is socially distancing.
Where is Bruno Tonioli?
Sadly, Bruno, usually the fourth judge, isn’t able to join this year as he can’t travel from the US.
Is Strictly as fun as usual despite all the safety measures?
Tess and Claudia explained how they would meet safety guidelines in detail and noone pretended we weren’t living in exceptional circumstances. But at the same time they managed to make you forget the pain and worry. They gave you happiness, joy and excitement. It was wonderful.
What’s so great about Strictly Come Dancing?
- Learning to dance is a magnificent thing to do. It truly is magical. The show gives its contestants an incredible opportunity and encourages lots of people watching to pick up dancing, too. In fact, I know more than one professional dancer who wishes they could get famous for something else and sneak in as a celeb to go on that fantastic journey, yours truly included 😂
- I enjoy watching people with no or very little experience dive into the deep end. Seeing how the magical quality of dance begins to manifest in the contestants’ bodies is inspiring.
- I find it exhilarating how quickly the contestants learn.
- The pro dancers are exceptional! Great dancers, fantastic teachers, lovely personalities. I am so impressed by them, week on week on week!
- It reminds me how much I love dance.
- I love the drama.
- I love seeing people take dance seriously and work hard to achieve their ambitions.
- With dance, you may have talent, but you won’t get anywhere without hard work, discipline, and lots of repetition and training. I think those are good, transferable qualities that help people in all walks of life.
- I love that Strictly unites the nation from all ages and backgrounds.
- I love the fun, sparkle and glamour.
Paso Doble on Strictly Come Dancing 2020
I did it in 2018 and I’ll do it again this year: I’ll review all the Paso Doble performances, interspersed with thoughts on the shows. I hope you enjoy following the programme and reading my thoughts.
And now: staaaart dancing!
If you’re as excited about dance as I am and can’t wait to celebrate again in 2021, get in touch now to enquire about Flamenco party entertainment.
I perform fun and passionate Flamenco shows followed by teaching and interactive activities for all the family at birthdays, weddings and anniversaries as well as charity and corporate events.
Fill in the form below to make an enquiry and receive a personalised, no obligation quote. Not ready to make an enquiry yet, but like to know more? Please get in touch with me via the contact page.
By submitting your request you agree to my Website T&Cs.
1 thought on “Why you need to watch Strictly Come Dancing 2020”