In the summer of 2020 I wrote a 10-part series about “Planning the perfect Spanish theme party”. I hope it helps you plan your parties when it’s safe to celebrate together again. In the meantime, as get togethers move online, how can you still create a celebratory atmosphere and create beautiful memories with the people you care for?
How can you celebrate a Spanish theme party online?
I believe that now more than ever, we need to see every celebration as an opportunity to express ourselves creatively and celebrate family and friendship. Therefore, before you look up the technological aspects of hosting your Zoom party and even before you browse the internet for what everyone else is doing, I would like to invite you to a short exercise in imagination. Sounds wafty? Stay with me for another minute 😉
A short exercise in imagination
Read the following prompts and then close your eyes for a moment and see where your mind is going.
- 2020 has been tough for everyone, particularly for…
- With everything that’s been going on, it’s important for me to feel … at my online celebration
- These are the people I’m doing it for and with: …
- These are activities I enjoy doing: …
- This is how it will look and feel when we’re together online: …
Now close your eyes for a moment and see where your imagination takes you.
My top tips for a Spanish theme Zoom party
What appeared before your mind’s eye? Did you make a note of it? It’s good to keep revisiting your ideas as you continue planning. Below I’m sharing my personal top tips. Maybe some of them fit with your imagination or spark more ideas of your own.
- Send every guest a recipe for Spanish paella or tapas to cook before the Zoom call, so you all share the same meal. – Paella can be very easy to cook. Tapas may need more skills and time.
- Ask the guests to bring Spanish drinks. – Check out this post to get inspired.
- Create a Spanish themed quiz.
- Ask everyone to share a Spain related memory or photo.
- Provide everyone with a few tips for decorating their space, particularly the space visible in the screen.
- Get everyone to dress up in Spanish colours or costumes. – Check out this post for ideas and tips.
- Remember to take a screenshot with everyone holding a fun pose so you can keep a memory of how you made the most of a difficult year.
- For very important occasions, go all out and send proper invitations and favours.
These ideas will spark conversation and heighten the feeling of togetherness, which is so important at the moment. Let me know how you get on and share any ideas that have worked well for you in the comments. I hope you have a wonderful Zoom party and wish you the very best for this tough time.
If you’re planning a real-life Spanish theme party for 2021 and are interested in booking a Flamenco dancer, then browse my shows and get in touch.
I love performing at birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, charity and corporate events and create exuberant, colourful shows followed by teaching and interaction with all the guests.
Fill in the form below to make an enquiry and receive a personalised, no obligation quote. Not ready to make an enquiry yet, but like to know more? Please get in touch with me via the contact page.
By submitting your request you agree to my Website T&Cs.